2021 Grant Applications Now Open!
Big Red Vets is now accepting applications for its 2021 summer grant. The grant, up to $3,500, will support your pursuit of an opportunity of your choosing: internships, experiences, research, etc. The purpose of this grant is to ensure that Cornell’s incoming and current undergraduate Student-Veterans can pursue the same opportunities as your civilian peers.
If you are interested, please submit the following to email@example.com by May 14th, 2021:
- Copy of Unofficial Transcript
- Copy of DD214/ (No PII)
- Short Essay (250 words or less) explaining how your academic and extracurricular activities align with Cornell’s leading object, as stated in Article 115 of the Consolidated New York Educational Law:
“The leading object of [Cornell University] shall be to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanical arts, including military tactics, in order to promote the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes in the several pursuits and professions of life.”
- Brief Statement (250 words or less) explaining how the Big Red Vets Summer Grant would impact your academic progression and employment outlook.
- Expense Estimate Statement (see here for line item examples) estimating how you will spend grant funds (e.g. rent/travel expenses, course/tuition fees, physical materials/equipment costs, etc.).
- Funds awarded to incoming undergraduate Student-Veterans will be released upon proof of matriculation at Cornell.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Offer letter from employer
- Graduate School admission exam preparation course enrollment certification
- Additional Statement (500 words or less)
Once again, please submit your application prior to May 14, 2021. We will reach out to you via email with our decision within one week of the deadline.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.